Well it's been awhile since I've caught y'all up on what's been happening up Nort' with the Aslesens, but instead of feeling overwhelmed about catching you up on all that I haven't blogged about, a dear sweet friend told me to just start from the "now". So here is the Now in the Nort'... It is starting to look and feel a lot like Spring around here so we've gone for walks and tried to go for a bike ride yesterday in our 70 something degree weather, but Sarah ended up having a flat sooooo we took the dogs for a walk. Wow, did it feel good to open the windows and get outside for some fresh air. There is just nothing like the change of the seasons up here in the Midwest. Spring just revs up my physical, emotional and especially my spiritual engine! God has been so good to us and I am so thankful today. There is still a part of my heart that longs to be with my friends in Florida and my family in Wisconsin, but this is where the Lord has placed us and it is our Home Sweet Home. I am not going to make this long, but realized that I never showed actual nice pictures of our home....all I had were one's of us painting, putting in flooring and so forth. It's still a huge work in progress (especially Sarah's room), but it's ours and we are grateful to Jesus for giving it to us. Hope you like the pics and hope to be putting in more as we progress in our projects. We miss y'all and pray that you are having a super blessed day in the Lord.

Here is the Living Room as you come in the front door.

This is the Living Room from the other side...;-)

Kitchen

Dining Room (sort of) on the other side of the kitchen.

New stairway leading to Sarah's room being drywalled...

Temp railing that Bryan made so Sarah wouldn't fall and hurt herself.

Bed and Reading side of Sarah's attic room.

Other side (messy) of Sarah's room in progress. We finally painted the first coat of pink.
4 comments:
YEAH!!!!! Thank yo so much for sharing all of that! I can't wait til the day when I can come and visit and see it all in person! We love and miss you guys so much. Hope to see more whenever you have a chance - no pressure!!!
Me, too! I pray that it is soon...Love you!
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You (deep breath)Thank You Thank You......
I have been wondering how you guys are getting along up there! Your place looks great, I love the fireplace in the corner!
Many happy spring days to you my friend!!!
Oh how pretty! The kitchen color is gorgeous and you all have such nice taste! Wow! You really are keeping busy...I love the f/p and the stairway up to Sarah's room-how neat!
Post a Comment